Current IssueView 3D e-Flipbook » Subscribe Now! Advertising Rates!
An excerpt from one of the articles
A Bit and a Byte About Cyber Losses
Cyber attacks have made major headlines in the news in recent years, targeting organizations ranging from Sony Pictures to the US Government. Growing awareness of this risk has made cyber insurance a hot topic in the insurance industry.
The market for cyber insurance remains in its infancy, with global cyber premiums currently less than 0.5% of the estimated cost of cyber-crime. However, industry analysts such as PricewaterhouseCoopers expect the cyber insurance market to triple in size over the next four years.
The environment in which cyber policies operate is also changing rapidly. Governments around the globe are introducing laws which require data breaches to be reported to regulators. Recent examples include the Digital Privacy Act introduced by Canada in 2015 and the General Data Protection Regulation introduced across the EU last year.
June 2017 - WP Highlights
- A Bit and a Byte About Cyber Losses
By Richard Fowler, CPA, CMA, CBV, CFE, CFF
- Surviving the Merger or Acquisition…Are you on the A or B team?
By Laurie Walker, CIP, CRM
- A Force for Change: The Impact of Climate Change on Building Codes
By Yasser Korany, Ph.D., P.E., P.Eng., LEED AP
- Game of Drones: Liability Concerns as UAVs Take Flight
By Dara M. Lambe
- The Limitations Act: Better Late Than Never?
By Ian Gold and Adam Bucci
- Mould Growth Personal Injury Claims Spreading
By Matthew Dugas
- List of Articles Published During the 2016–2017 Term
- Farewell from the Past President
- OIAA September Kick-Off Announcement
- Provincial Claims Conference Photos and Report
- Golf Tournaments Around the Province
- 2017 OIAA Bursary Announcement
- OIAA Charities Announcement
- Adjusters’ Training & Education Program
- President’s Message
- OIAA Executive Council
- New Members
- Get to Know Your Chapter
- Out and About
- Directory of Adjusters
- OIAA Chapter Executive
- Advertisers’ Index
- Final Report