Current IssueView 3D e-Flipbook » Subscribe or Renew Now! Advertising Rates!
An excerpt from one of the articles
Litigation Differences between Canada and the U.S.
Despite a shared border and many cultural similarities, the Canadian and American approaches to litigation diverge radically. Unlike the purely linguistic difference between American “vacation homes” and Canadian “cottages”, litigation differences run deep.
The Canadian litigation attitude tends to be more restrained than in the U.S.; it runs more toward caution than pushing boundaries.
December 2019 - WP Highlights
- Litigation Differences between Canada and the U.S.
By Devon McLean, Legal Counsel, Intact Insurance Company
- Improve Your Chances at Surveillance
By Nino Calabrese, Director of Investigations, Xpera
- Business Interruption Losses Involving Dairy Farms
By Conor Paxton, BA, CPA, CA, CBV, CFE, CFF, Manager, MDD Forensic Accountants, Kingston.
- When a False Statement Vitiates a Claim: Pinder v. Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company
By Martin Forget and Julia Falevich, Forget Smith
- President’s Message
- OIAA Executive Council
- New Members
- Get to Know Your Chapter
- Out and About
- Advertisers’ Index
- OIAA Chapter Executive
- Final Report
- OIAA 2019 Holiday Party Sponsors
- CICMA/CIAA Joint Conference Announcement
- Adjusters’ Training & Education Program
- 2020 Claims Conference Announcement
- 2020 Claims Conference Sponsors
- Calendar of Chapter Events
- OIAA Past Presidents Night Photos