Current IssueView 3D e-Flipbook » Subscribe or Renew Now! Advertising Rates!
An excerpt from one of the articles
A Crash Course on Collision Avoidance
Many of us take driving for granted. As we grab our keys and rush out the door, we are usually thinking about the best route to take or all of the things we need to do that day. It is easy to forget that when we start the car – which weighs over 2500 pounds and generally travels at least 14 metres per second – we are taking on the enormous responsibility of not only getting ourselves and our passengers to our destination safely, but also ensuring that we do everything we can to prevent harm to those around us. Laws and regulations are put in place to help guide us in this task.
We all know the rules of the road – in theory anyway – and all of us are guilty of breaking a few every now and then. What’s the big deal anyway? What difference does it make?
June 2019 - WP Highlights
- “Arson for Profit”– Trial anyone?
By Glenn Gibson, ICD.D, CIP, FCIAA, FCLA, CFE, President & CEO, The GTG Group and Andrew Eckart, B.A., LLB, Mediator and Lawyer, Eckart Mediation Incorporated
- Mould Tops Ontario Residents’ Flooding Concerns: The Perils of Water
By Shane Swinson, Senior Vice President Insurance Portfolio, FirstOnSite Restoration
- A Crash Course on Collision Avoidance
By Jillian Leblanc, H.B.Sc., P.Phys., Collision reconstructionist, Arcon Forensic Engineers
- List of Articles Published during the 2018–2019 Term
- President’s Message
- OIAA Executive Council
- Get to Know Your Chapter
- OIAA Chapter Executive
- Directory of Adjusters
- Final Report
- Advertisers’ Index
- Farewell from the Past President
- OIAA September Kick-Off Announcement
- OIAA Provincial Claims Conference Report
- OIAA Provincial Claims Conference Photos
- Golf Tournaments Around the Province
- OIAA 2019 Bursary Announcement
- Adjusters’ Training & Education Program